Meat-za Pie

Hello all,
I am trying out a new blog thingy... MckLinky blog hop. It has a theme and comes out on Tuesday so I will be submitting my own blog and see how it goes. Maybe it will get me blogging a little more. This week's theme is favorite recipe. I hope you enjoy it!


Meat-za Pie

1 lb ground beef (well I use turkey)
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 tsp garlic powder
1 sm can evaporated milk (5 oz)
1 sm can sliced mushrooms
ketchup
1 cup shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl with a fork. Sometimes I add an egg, not sure why I do but it changes the consistency a bit. Place mixture in a pie dish and flatten with fork. Coat top of mixture with ketchup spread out with the back of a spoon. (This can be as desired, think of the tomato sauce on a pizza.) Next top with sliced mushrooms and cover with cheese. Place in oven 25 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let sit for 3-5 minutes before serving. Cut into "slices" and enjoy!

I have had this dish since I was a little girl with a few modern twists added. Now this is a favorite dish at our house with often very little left overs. I like to serve it with green beans and corn.

If you try it let me know how you like it!


MckLinky Blog Hop