But this is what I think is important...
God's Word... James 1:27 Religion that pleases God the Father must be pure and spotless. You must help needy orphans and widows and not let this world make you evil.
John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
Orphans are important to God and they are important to me. My heart aches for those without a family. Can you look at your children and think it is ok for them to grow up in daycare 24/7? Where the caregivers are paid and although they may love and enjoy your children, they still go home and someone else cares for your child. A place where cribs are lined up all over a room and those with special needs like a heart defect are lying beside a special needs child that is lacking stimulation so she bangs her head on her crib all night. Imagine that after the age of 5 your child is no longer eligible to be with a family and must live in those conditions until they are 14 and then they are sent to live as adults on the streets with no instruction on how to survive or work. Worse yet, your child is put into a institution where they are fed a ration of food, it may be enough to survive, it may not. In the case of it may not...you child will die of starvation, albeit very slowly. Could you just sit back and hope someone else helps your child, God's child? Can you? I cannot. I read blogs every day about children that are being redeemed, bought for a price to have freedom and a family. (Sound familiar?) They have someone coming for them, not because they are worthy or able to get to them, but because their rescuers want to give them hope and a future. Adoption is so Biblical that I really cannot see where anyone could say no, but that is me. I am so very glad that Jesus didn't say no, or decide I wasn't worth the possible trials.
I have been drawn to a special site since August of last year. It's called Reece's Rainbow. It is a site full of special needs children needing a family. Most are in countries that do not value life the way Americans act like they do. These children are abandoned because of their disability. Their society thinks different means unable, unworthy of life, not worth the time. They have been around for 5 years and have helped more than 500 Down Syndrome and other special needs children find a family. Amazing! 500+ people are no longer alone in this world. 500+ children are no longer fatherless. Oh praise Jesus for that!
I have a list of blogs I keep up with, it must be a cyber mile long, but I have been praying for so many children to be ransomed and redeemed by families across the country. Right now I have a few that are really on my heart...The Burger Family at It's a Wonderful Life ... They are about to leave to rescue Brian a sweet DS boy in Eastern Europe. They are needing about $3000 for the final part of their operation. I can't give much but even what I can give, I know it helps! How about a little pitch in of $10,$25, $50, even just a mere $5 would help.Another thing I have learned through my heart yearning to adopt is that there are MANY children that never make it home to their families. Can you imagine? They are chosen, being prepared for.... then the unthinkable message comes that they have lost their battle with whatever their issue was. Many children have heart defects that need surgery ASAP and they still have to wait on their mommy and daddy to get them, bring them to this country and get them healthy enough to have surgery... the one that could save their life. How utterly heart breaking for a child to die an orphan with no mommy or daddy to be beside them. Well there is a place in China, it is a special orphanage, that take those fragile children needing surgery and provide it. It's called New Day Foster Home. They take donations and build the funds for these precious children to have their much needed surgeries. A group of bloggers and adoption advocates have decided to have a little fund raiser all for the New Day foster home. Won't you chip in here as well? Did I mention that all donations up to $5000 will be matched? It will be like you are giving double!
More important that any money is prayer. I know these families and children need the financial help but more than that, they need prayer warriors. Won't you just pray for Brian's family to get him soon, that they will have all the funds needed, and that they will find a favorable condition in their son's country. Pray that the New Day Foster Home would be flooded with the needed funds for these children to get their life saving surgeries before time runs out.
